Lendi Travel Pages
About Lendi Travel
Lendi Travel LTD CO is a fully registered tourism company with the Sudanese commercial registrar with the number 31753 and licensed by the Sudanese ministry of Antique, tourism and wildlife. Lendi Travel founder Waleed Arafat has traveled extensively as a tour guide throughout Nubia and the Nuba Mountains since 2003 and has established a personal relationship with the communities there, ensuring you unique personal contact with the people of both regions. At Lendi Travel our vision of responsible tourism includes learning the perspectives of local communities and sustaining the environment. Our informative tours will leave you enriched. The memories of Nubia will linger long after you return home. Why travel with us? We personally created and designed all our programs ,we lived every single detail of our programs ,having a long experience and listening to all notes of our travelers we always check and consider what could be better to enrich the life of your programs . We are all open mind and heart to discuss, view and listen to all your ideas crafting you an itinerary that meets all your interest and style. Our tour leaders are experienced guides, with deep knowledge and appreciation for the lands they are showing you. The direct involvement of our tour leaders organizing, leading and helping will all be dedicated to make sure your tour will be an extraordinary informative, well –executed, authentic and an amazing experience. Our vehicles are maintained to western standards, for our tours to the Nubia and other regions we provide four wheel drive vehicles (4X4 ) Toyota land cruisers, 2007 models and up, excellent and fully air conditioned. Our drivers are veterans and know the desert well, polite and hospitable, the team spirit and the harmony our crew enjoys will leave you in good hands. We provide high quality and comfortable camping equipments. Special thanks to Robert Dvorak, Johnny Haglund and Dajman for the beautiful photos they shared with us. Join Lendi Travel on a magical tour of Nubia. Your holiday will feel like a dream. Welcome to Lendi Travel. Waleed Arafat. General Manager.+more
These trips involve traveling for long distances in the desert which requires the traveler to have a good health condition.
The waiting hours may take some time while crossing the Nile using the ferry boats. Visiting exciting and unknown destinations and seeing unforgettable scenes make this voyage very charming and fascinating.
It is strongly recommended to be vaccinated against:
Yellow fever, Hepatitis A and B, Meningitis A and C, Rage, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis, Typhoid and Malaria.
Practical information and advice:
- These trips are scheduled between the end of September to the end of April.
- Climate is very moderate ranging between 25°C and 40°C.
- Nights will be spent in encampment areas, the hotel and traditional local houses.
- Toilet paper is provided.
- Sleeping bags are not provided.
- Tents and mattresses are provided.
- ATM machines are not available, credit cards, checks and travelers checks are not accepted. Only cash payments.
- Consult www.xe.com for money exchange rates.
- Traveling between the different archaeological sites is on desert tracks and some asphalt roads. Latest models of 4X4 vehicles Toyota land cruisers are used: Four people maximum in each car .
- Communication: The large cities: Khartoum, Atbara, Karima, Sudan Port and Meroe are covered by the Zain and Sudani and MTN networks. Telephone booths and offices are practically available everywhere. International telephone calls are relatively easy to make from major cities.
- Electricity in Sudan is 220V.
- All kinds of alcohol are not allowed in Sudan.
- It is advisable to bring along a First Aid Kit, a torch and a walking shoes. Medications and treatment will not be provided.
- Visas are to be obtained before departure from the consular services of the embassy of Sudan. Entry visas are required by almost all nationalities, and are valid usually for one month. Evidence of a previous visit to Israel will result in a visa refusal. Check-in to Khartoum is individual, group check-in is not allowed.
- The cigarette lighters in the 4X4 vehicles can be used to recharge your camera. It is advisable to bring your own adaptable cables to charge your cameras.
- There is the possibility of charging your cameras in some cities and houses (220V AC) are provided by the city main power or a generator unit.
- Telescopes and walkie-talkies are not allowed in Sudan.
- The aim of our program to these dream destinations is to follow the historical and chronological order of the civilizations of the different groups and most important to get in contact with local people and their cultures.
- Considering that the destinations are in a pure and natural environment one might expect delays and thus some routing could be changed but the majority of the program will be fully respected
- Crossing from one bank of the Nile to the other is very interesting as you can watch spectacular scenes, this could be repeated along the course of the trip for several times.
- Consider visiting this site for more Info and Facts: www.sudan.net